Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Preventing Water Damage in Tarpon Springs
If you have water damage, call the team that responds quickly, with the right training and equipment. SERVPRO of Tarpon will respond to your home and provide restoration to your home or business. SERVPRO of Tarpon is standing by to help (727) 934-5555. Water Damage can spread quickly, and you can have additional damage in as little as 24 hours. Don't risk your home or business because of hesitation. We're in Tarpon Springs ready to help when you need us. There are some things you can do to try and avoid water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (727) 934-5555
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.